Prep time: 20 min – Cook time: 25 min
Makes: 4-6 servings
750g lean beef strips
1/3 cup plain flour
1 tsp paprika
2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 brown onion, halved and thinly sliced
2 crushed garlic cloves
400g sliced mushrooms
½ cup white wine
1 cup beef stock
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
½ tbsp VEGEMITE
1/2 cup sour cream
Black pepper for seasoning
Fettuccine pasta to serve
1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
1. Combine flour and paprika in a large bowl. Season.
2. Toss beef in flour mixture to lightly coat
3. Heat 2 tsp oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Brown the beef in 3 batches using 2 tsp oil per batch. Transfer to a plate. Set aside.
4. Reduce heat to medium-high. Add remaining 1 tbsp oil, onion and garlic to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until onion softens.
5. Add mushrooms. Cook, gently stirring, for 4-5 minutes until mushrooms are just soft.
6. Return beef to pan. Stir in white wine, stock, Worcestershire sauce, VEGEMITE. Bring just to the boil, stirring often, until well combined and hot.
7. Add sour cream and season with black pepper.
8. Serve with fettuccine pasta and sprinkle with parsley.