1. Preheat your oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place the chicken breast between two sheets of baking paper and pound using a meat mallet (or rolling pin) until about 2cm thick (Skip to step 5 if using a vegan schnitzel).
3. In a shallow bowl, pop your plain flour. In a second shallow bowl, whisk your egg. In a third shallow bowl, place your breadcrumbs. Now dip the chicken breast into the flour first, then the egg and finally the breadcrumbs. Transfer to a clean plate and set aside.
4. Heat oil in a frypan over a medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, shallow fry the chicken until golden and cooked through. Place on a paper towel to drain excess oil, and then transfer to a baking tray.
5. Spoon over Napoli sauce, top with cheese of your choice, squeeze over VEGEMITE and finish with a little more cheese. If adding ham, put on after the Napoli sauce.
6. Place in the oven and cook until the cheese has melted (approximately 5 minutes). Serve with a simple side salad or vegetables.
MITEY TIP: If you are looking for a quick and easy alternative, try pre-crumbed oven bake schnitzels, which you can buy from your local supermarket or butcher